Who we are
Our website address is: https://conservatruth.com.
Disclaimer & Privacy Notice
At ConservaTruth, we take your privacy seriously and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information. However, while we implement robust security measures to protect your data, no system is impenetrable. We cannot be held liable for any third-party breaches that may compromise your data.
Privacy Commitment: The information you provide during registration or other interactions on our platform is not shared or sold to any outside parties. While we partner with some third-party vendors, such as payment processors, they have their privacy policies and practices, and we advise you to familiarize yourself with them.
Membership Integrity: Your ConservaTruth membership is exclusive to you. We urge members to respect the sanctity of the membership portal. Sharing of login details, content, or any other privileged information is strictly prohibited. Distributing exclusive content undermines the value of our community and can lead to suspension of your account.
Third-party Sites: Our platform might contain links to other websites or services outside of our domain. ConservaTruth isn’t responsible for the privacy practices or content of such external sites. We advise you to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit.
Your Responsibility: As a member, it is your responsibility to keep your login details confidential. Any misuse of your account due to the negligence of protecting these details will be your responsibility.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- What are Cookies? Cookies are small text files stored on your device (computer, tablet, or mobile) when you are online, especially when visiting a website. They hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer.
- Types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies: Temporary cookies that remain in your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent Cookies: Cookies that remain in your browser for a set period or until you manually delete them. These are used to remember login details and other preferences.
- Why Do We Use Them?
- Site Functionality: Cookies help us remember your settings, login status, and content preferences to save you time and enhance your experience.
- Personalization: Cookies help us remember your preferences, interests, and browsing history, allowing us to tailor content and advertisements more relevant to you.
- Security: Cookies play a role in security by allowing us to detect irregular site behavior, preventing unauthorized access to user accounts.
- Other Tracking Technologies: In addition to cookies, we use web beacons, pixels, and similar technologies to track user activity and site interactions. These help us gather insights about user behavior and optimize our marketing campaigns.
- Your Choices: Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, disabling cookies might prevent some parts of our website from functioning correctly.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With
At ConservaTruth, while we prioritize the confidentiality and security of your data, there are instances where third-party entities might have limited access to some of the data we collect. This access is strictly for enhancing our services and ensuring smooth operations. Here’s a breakdown:
- Website Hosting: Our website is hosted on Hostinger. As a hosting platform, they may have access to technical data related to our website, including some user interactions. All data is anonymized and used solely for the purpose of ensuring the optimal performance and security of our website.
- Analytics Services: We utilize Google Analytics to understand website traffic, user behavior, and site performance. This service may gather data such as IP addresses, browsing behavior, and other site interactions. This data helps us improve our content, optimize our user experience, and make informed decisions about our services.
- Payment Processors: For membership and donation transactions, we rely on trusted third-party payment processors like Stripe. While we don’t store financial data, these entities do process payment details to complete transactions.
- Marketing and Advertising Partners: Occasionally, we collaborate with marketing or advertising partners. They might have access to certain non-identifiable data, ensuring that promotional content is more relevant and effective for our users.
- Service Providers: Certain functionalities of our platform (like email notifications or customer support) are powered by third-party service providers. They might have access to data like email addresses, solely for the purpose of executing specific tasks on our behalf.
- Membership Information: The personal information you provide when signing up for our membership is held in the strictest confidence. We will not share, sell, or distribute this data to any third party.
- Managing Your Information: You can review, edit, or delete your personal data at any time via the ‘My Account‘ page on our platform.
- Password Reset: If you initiate a password reset, note that your IP address will be included in the reset email for security reasons.
- PAC Donations: Data related to PAC donations is shared in compliance with the South Carolina State Ethics Commission. This ensures transparency and aligns with the legal requirements for political action committees.
We ensure that all third-party entities adhere to strict data protection standards and prioritize your privacy. Sharing with these entities is bound by contractual obligations that ensure data security and confidentiality.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding third-party access to your data, we are here to address them. Please reach out to us for further clarification at email@example.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Security & Retention
We make reasonable efforts to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of your Personal Data. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data covered by this Policy against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
To help us protect Personal Data, where you have an account with Stripe, we encourage you to use a strong password, protect that password from unauthorized use and not use the same log-in credentials (e.g. password) for your Stripe accounts as you do with other services or accounts. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g. you feel that the security of your Stripe account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
We retain your Personal Data as long as we are providing the Services to you or our Business Users (as applicable) or for a period during which we reasonably anticipate providing the Services. Even after we stop providing Services directly to you or a Business User with which you are doing business, and even if you close your Stripe account or complete a transaction with a Business User, we may retain your Personal Data:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- to enable fraud monitoring, detection and loss prevention activities.
- to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations
- where required by our contractual commitments to our financial partners (and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods you used).
In cases where we keep Personal Data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Rights to Your Data
At ConservaTruth, we value your privacy and strive to protect your rights concerning your personal data. Based on best practices, here’s a general overview of your rights:
- Access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data that we hold.
- Rectification: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request to correct or complete it.
- Erasure: Under certain conditions, you may request that we delete or remove your personal data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as if you contest its accuracy or object to its processing.
- Data Portability: You may have the right to request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and, where feasible, to have it transferred directly to another controller.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for specific purposes, especially for direct marketing.
- Withdraw Consent: If our processing is based on your consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with South Carolina state laws and regulations.